It’s a no-brainer. One of the most important parts of a healthy diet is a healthy plate. To help you build one, choose from the tips below and start today.
Balance your calories.
· Enjoy your food, but eat less.
· Avoid oversized portions.
Eat more healthy foods.
· Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
· Make at least half your grains whole grains.
· Switch to fat-free or low fat (1%) milk.
Eat fewer foods with salt and sugar.
· Compare salt in foods like soup and frozen meals, and avoid foods high in salt.
· Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
Want to learn more about healthy eating? go to http://www.choosemyplate.gov/