“I would just like to thank past president Graves for the efforts you have put in,” said Steele. “And also the directors and staff who have spent so much of their time and energy. We do have some major fiscal hurdles ahead with infrastructure repair and replacement and we’re going to have to really work together to prioritize those budgets. But I look forward to that and I ask for your support and I appreciate the opportunity.”
Directors Ray Tetreault and Mark Simon round out the five-member board. Terms for Graves, Steele and Dawson expire in 2014. Simon and Tetreault will be up for re-election in November.
District board positions for the coming year include:
• Community Center: Chris Steele; Ray Tetreault, alternate.
• Contra Costa County Aviation Advisory Committee: Kevin Graves; Chris Steele, alternate.
• Contra Costa County Code Enforcement: Mark Simon; Rick Howard (staff), alternate.
• Contra Costa Special Districts Association: Kevin Graves; Mark Simon, alternate.
• East Contra Costa County Fire Protection District: Kevin Graves; Mark Simon, alternate.
• East County Water Management Agency: Chris Steele; Kevin Graves, alternate.
• LAFCO: Chris Steele; Mark Simon, alternate.
• Parks/Landscaping: Mark Simon; Brian Dawson, alternate.
• Police Services: Ray Tetreault; Brian Dawson, alternate.
• School Districts: Chris Steele; Kevin Graves, alternate.
• Transportation: Kevin Graves; Brian Dawson, alternate.
• Water/Sewer Vendor: Ray Tetreault; Kevin Graves, alternate.
In other news, the CSD’s 2012 planning workshop will be held Saturday, Jan. 14 from 9 a.m. to noon at the town offices, 1800 Willow Lake Road. The public forum will address such topics as the town budget, community center project and parks and landscaping.