• Personal flotation devices must be worn at all times.
• The kill switch must be connected to the operator.
• Never cross closer than 150 feet behind another boat when wake jumping.
• An operator must 14 years of age or older and possess a Boating Safety Certificate in order to operate a personal watercraft vehicle or jet ski.
• A personal watercraft vehicle or jet ski cannot be operated one hour before sunset or one hour before 8 a.m.
• Even rubber rafts, or dinghies, must carry a personal flotation device.
Although California does not require boaters to be trained in boating safety, the Delta County Sheriff's Marine Division offers a marine safety school each summer. For information on upcoming classes, call (916) 786-3633.