Firefighters mop up at Launderland in Brentwood after a load of rags in a dryer caught fire Friday.Photo by Rick Lemyre
A load of rags caught fire in a dryer at LaunderLand on Walnut Boulevard in Brentwood at about 4:45 p.m. Friday. Firefighters from the East Contra Costa Fire Protection Disctrict and Confire in Antioch responded and quickly extinquished the blaze.
No injuries were reported. A number of dryers and a section of wall appeared to be damaged by the flames, which were seen by motorists passing by on Walnut.