The hardest thing is to get through the holidays without adding more padding around the middle! Here are my secrets:
- A protein shake most mornings (not Thanksgiving day, we have brunch with the grandkids!)
- Exercise every day -- walk, play ball with the dog, go to the gym -- at least 45 minutes a day, plus some crunches and push-ups
- Make sure I get my vitamins/minerals/fish-oil
- Stop eating 3 hours before bed-time
- Only eat the really good stuff, not too much of the potatoes, bread, but definitely pumpkin pie! Plus, lots of veggies and salad before I chow down on the rest.
- Get enough sleep - I use Usana's Pure Rest, a super-pure melatonin from Switzerland, it really works!
- Drink water, all day long!
There, those are my secrets for getting through the holidays.