Concerning the article “Oakley says nope to dope dispensaries” (Oakley Press, Jan. 2, 2009), it’s interesting to see that Oakley is adopting the same “Reefer Madness” attitudes used to outlaw marijuana to begin with:
• “Marijuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men’s shadows and look at a white woman twice.” (Hearst newspapers nationwide, 1934).
• “There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana can cause white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.”
• “The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”
• “Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality and death.” “Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”
• “(Smoking) one (marijuana) cigarette might develop a homicidal mania, probably to kill his brother.” (see U.S. government propaganda to outlaw marijuana).
Perhaps Police Chief Chris Thorsen can tell us which of these threats is most prevalent in the Oakley area.