Many thanks to all for their support of the second annual wine tasting at Lone Tree Event Center. The event was truly enjoyed by all who attended, and a success.
A couple of checks to arrive that are in the mail but we will have netted $3,510 for our Contra Costa Chapter from the night. Many thanks to:
• John Viano and Contra Costa Winegrowers. Your support was huge and the wines poured were fantastic. Without your support, the event would not be possible. Sy Colletto will get with you, John, to discuss some of your labels for Lone Tree stock.
• Rick and Theresa Kaiser. Thank you for pouring, and it’s obvious your skills go beyond bottom-line calculations. I know all enjoyed your wine.
• Thanks to everyone for your ticket purchases and your silent auction purchases.
• Front-of-house manager Sy Colletto and Catering Manager Beth Schmidt. Big kudos to your teams, which worked together in a pinch to pull off the room setup. The event prior threw a curveball by running over an extra hour (until after 3 p.m.), and having unanticipated equipment to manage through. Kim, Rachel, Sammy, Tommy and the rest of the team handled the curveball, made adjustments, pulled together and got the room set up expeditiously and just right. Thanks.
• Chef Hork and team, the compliments came from all regarding the food and appetizers. Bacon-wrapped dates, cheese and nut-coated grapes, and Chicken Wellington puff bites were several of the favorites.
• Great promotion thanks to Gordon Gravelle for bringing your “crew,” the Lone Tree Golf Shop staff; Rick Marchoke, helping reach fellow Rotarians; and to the other contributing First Tee Board members.
• Thanks to Tom Worthy, Gordon Gravelle and Mike Riley for coming up and sharing chapter goals, comments and insights with attendees.
• Angela, thanks for e-mail blast through chapter. Larry, thank you for promoting to various coaches and volunteers.
• Dellila Colorado, your music is always fantastic.
• Thanks to Allison Anello for auction sheet assistance, and kudos to you and Sam Garcia for helping with the poster showing “our” kids.
• Thanks Hazel Sturm for a nice auction package with Concord Hilton and Grassini’s.
• Thanks Boundary Oak (Lance) and Diablo Creek (Joe and Sandy) for your golf donations.
• Ben and Christine Cabal. Thank you for your continued therapeutic massage donations and support of First Tee.
• Thanks to Tommy and Rick Armstrong for helping settle up the silent auction bids, which brought in $1,805.
• Coach Byron and First Tee kids for working the room and giving the participants the “faces and smiles” of our First Tee program.
• Thank you to Randy Standridge with Contra Costa Times, Fred Ginsler with Brentwood/Antioch/Oakley Press, Frank MacCallister with East County Live, for your free promotion and publicity through community calendars and listings.
Great event. Thank you to all. Thanks for helping our First Tee kids!
Ron Parish, Antioch