Tips for managing spring allergies
• Keep home and car windows closed to prevent pollens or mold spores from drifting in. To keep air cool and fresh, turn on the air conditioning (set on “recirculate”), which also cleans and dries the air.
• Maintain a clean environment at your home and, if you’re able, your office.
• Minimize early morning outside activity between 5 and 10 a.m., when the greatest amount of pollen is usually released.
• Try to stay inside when the pollen count or humidity is reported to be high, and on windy days when dust and pollen are likely to be more of a problem.
• Take medications prescribed by your allergist regularly and in the recommended dosage.
• Flush your nasal cavities regularly with an over-the-counter saline spray, which provides relief from congestion.
– Courtesy of Family Features