Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity or persons in your neighborhood. People can be considered suspicious if they are:
• Going door-to-door in residential areas. Look for subjects checking to see if front doors are locked, especially when another subject remains near the street as a lookout.
• Non-residents going into the back or side yard of a house.
• Waiting in front of a house or business. This can be especially suspicious if owners are absent or the building is closed.
• Forcing entrance to, or tampering with a residence or vehicle.
• Running from the residence.
• Carrying property, especially at an unusual hour.
• Unfamiliar in the neighborhood or seem to have no purpose wandering about.
• Exhibiting unusual behavior.
If you have any questions or concerns in your neighborhood, call the Discovery Bay Sheriff’s Office at 925-634-0585.