Four generations, descendants of the McCoy family, gathered around the table in the McCoy Cook House, which was opened for viewing for the day. From the left are Shelley French, Judy McCuish, Danielle French and Clara Lamb.
Lamb still remembers visiting the little house on the side of Kirker Pass before it was relocated to the museum site in 2007. Now restored, the cookhouse is used as a demonstration pioneer home for elementary students on the museum grounds and is open for student tours on request.
The museum is located at 1500 W. Fourth St. and is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 1 to 4 p.m.