• In addition to providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the bathroom, place a bottle on commonly used surfaces.
• Rather than ask guests to share one cloth towel, set out disposable guest towels. “Individual disposable guest towels, like those made by Chinet, combine the elegance and absorption of cloth while minimizing the spread of germs,” said Julie Stoetzer, marketing manager for Huhtamaki, the makers of Chinet. “And since you can find these guest towels at your local grocery store, it will mean one less trip during the hectic holiday shopping season.”
• Present snacks in single-serving containers. Disposable cut crystal tumblers are an affordable and attractive option to community dishes and will eliminate the temptation guests might have to place their hands into a bowl.
• Use wine charms or decorative swizzle sticks to ensure that partygoers drink only from their own cup. Another option is to decorate and personalize disposable tumblers with permanent markers.
By taking these precautions, you can help your friends and family have a happy – and healthy – New Year.
– Courtesy of Family Features