Opening Day guests are also invited to bring their “cars of interest” for all the see at the celebration’s car show. Music will be provided by popular DJ Jared and his family, hot dogs will be fired up by Ed and his Angels, and vendors will offer handmade items for sale.
The event also features tours of the 1878 farmhouse, originally owned by the Byer and Nail families; plus antique farm tractors, Model T’s, a caboose, fire trucks, Homer’s Tool Shed and the museum store. The store’s collection includes books about Camp Tracy (the prisoner of war camp located at Byron Hot Springs), the original Byron Hot Springs resort and many others pertaining to East County and the Delta. Museum tours are free, but donations are appreciated. Proceeds go toward keeping the Society and its museum in operation for another year.
The East Contra Costa Historical Society Museum is open every Saturday and the third Sunday of the month, April through October, from 2 to 4 p.m. For more information, call Dave or Joyce at 925-679-1024.