It has been a busy ten months since joining the CSD Board. I was doubly honored when selected to be CSD President.
Much has been done. More needs to be accomplished. Thus far we’ve:
• Balanced our budget. In these tough economic times, we’ve lived within our means and kept our water and sewer rates among the lowest in the Bay Area. We’ve expanded our reserves to more than $3 million.
• Planned for the future by initiating a 10-year plan to evaluate our water and waste water systems.
• Increased responsiveness. With our new general manager and landscape coordinator, the CSD is working hard to improve the community while responding more quickly to your concerns.
• Protected our Delta rights. We successfully fought the outrageous attempts to block our Delta use. Deep water access is fundamental to the quality of life we enjoy in Discovery Bay.
• Advocated for improved public safety. With the new substation opened, we now have two full time officers rather than one. We must do all we can to keep Discovery Bay a safe place to live, work and raise a family.
• Focused on community facilities. Approved the installation of solar lighting, the basketball court at Regatta Park and new ‘Splash Zone’ at Slifer Park.
As a 16 year resident of Discovery Bay, I am also proud to serve in the State Military Reserve. After the sacrifice of our son Joey in Iraq in 2006, we founded a non-profit to benefit other Gold Star families and veterans.
It is an honor to serve you. While still learning in my new role, I believe we’re off to a solid start. I would appreciate your support. My home phone is 925.513.1353 if you have any questions. Thank you.