It began a few years ago – I was chatting with my mom, who was 75 years old at the time, on the phone, and the subject of how much mail she was receiving every day came up.
So I’m freaking out a little bit. My oldest daughter, Kaelin, is getting married next May. Yay! Her boyfriend, Matt, is a perfect match for her, and their kids will be adorable. Yes, I am still holding out hope that I’ll be a grandmother who can still chase the little munchkins up the stairs…
Well, it finally arrived: the first of the lasts. Last week, I registered my fifth and final child at Deer Valley High School. It didn’t hit me until we pulled into the parking lot that I would never do this again. Checkbook in hand, we walked to the gym, saying hello to many parents I have …
I want to know whose bright idea it was it to completely turn my neighborhood Target upside down! What was once my sanctuary, my “happy place,” is now my nightmare in hell! It began with a subtle warning outside Target announcing that “big changes” were coming. Yeah, big changes and a big he…
Bizarre things always seem to occur when Maury is out of town. Water heaters blow, large appliances break down, the electricity goes out for hours, etc.
While many families are taking trips to Disneyland and Santa Cruz, accompanying their kids on exhilarating roller coaster rides, we took a ride on an emotional rollercoaster yesterday with Haley.
In our life, it never fails. Big events come in clusters. We can never just focus on a prom or a Christmas party or a wedding. Typically, they will all fall on the same day.
What is it about spring that makes you want to clean? I don’t necessarily like to clean, but come April 1st, I glance around my house and hate everything — from the color of the walls to the style of my furniture. I am suddenly acutely aware of all the dust and clutter, and start moaning to …
There are many words that can send a shiver down your spine. Head lice, stomach flu, root canal. But last week, my son Ryan and I decided that the two most daunting words in the world are “assembly required.”
There is nothing more irritating than sitting down to dinner and being harassed by a robo-call. You know, those annoying sales calls that are pre-recorded and don’t even have a human at the other end of the phone. At first, you think you are talking to a person until you try to interrupt the…
Halloween is long gone and the only trace of it are a few miniature Snickers bars sitting at the bottom of an orange plastic bowl on my dining room table, but my kids and I are still getting spooked.
I do a lot of shopping – it’s a big part of my day, much to the annoyance of my husband, but someone has to make sure there is toilet paper in the house.
There is just something about packing up all the Christmas decorations that puts me in the mood to redecorate my home, which is inconvenient because I am broke.
Maybe it’s this eternal winter that is hanging on way too long, maybe it’s because we spent the last week touring colleges that my son, Ryan, may be attending, or maybe it’s the impending nuclear war, but I am a bit depressed, and when I get depressed, I want a bigger house.
Popular News, Videos & Slideshows
- East County evaluating additional transit options between Antioch and Brentwood
- Discovery Bay woman killed in boating accident
- Search continues for missing boater in Discovery Bay
- Opponents clash over Measure L ballot language
- Press spotlight: Nancy Torres of Brentwood
- Response to Measure L press release
- Heart of Oakley Festival this Saturday
- Calling all comedians: Come laugh it up with Bob-O Phillips
- Brentwood's Deer Ridge golf course closes for good
- Liberty High School basketball teams host skills clinic
- [Photos] Ribbon-cutting ceremony at Delta Coves in Bethel Island
- [Photos] East Contra Costa Historical Society annual barbeque
- [Photos] Liberty vs. Monte Vista football 9-13-19
- [Photos] Brentwood - Concord Avenue vegetation fire
- [Photos] 2019 Delta Harvest Run
- [Photos] Freedom vs. California football 9-6-19
- [Photos] 2019 Honor Bowl - Liberty vs. Clayton Valley Charter
- [Photos] September 2019 Pets