Two of our three daughters are getting married this year — one month apart. And the first one, in May, will take place in our backyard. While the thought of our two upcoming weddings fills me with excitement, there is one thing I am not excited about — getting dressed up. I hate getting dres…
Well, did you survive the holidays? Now comes the fun part — putting it all away! Maybe you’ve seen me at Lowe’s, purchasing numerous storage bins and bubble wrap for all the new Christmas decorations I purchased this past year. It begins after Halloween. I begin buying festive holiday décor…
Like I didn’t have enough going on in my life, what with moving my mom into an assisted living residence, but this past weekend, we also adopted a puppy.
Well, I can finally boast that all my kids are now employed. Haley started her new job as a hostess at Melo’s Pizza last week, and she is thrilled!
It began innocently. A few miniature houses would adorn my fireplace mantel at Christmas time, and then get packed up and put away until the next year. But then along came Michael’s, with their line of Lemax “Christmas Village” pieces.
It began a few years ago – I was chatting with my mom, who was 75 years old at the time, on the phone, and the subject of how much mail she was receiving every day came up.
So I’m freaking out a little bit. My oldest daughter, Kaelin, is getting married next May. Yay! Her boyfriend, Matt, is a perfect match for her, and their kids will be adorable. Yes, I am still holding out hope that I’ll be a grandmother who can still chase the little munchkins up the stairs…
Well, it finally arrived: the first of the lasts. Last week, I registered my fifth and final child at Deer Valley High School. It didn’t hit me until we pulled into the parking lot that I would never do this again. Checkbook in hand, we walked to the gym, saying hello to many parents I have …
I want to know whose bright idea it was it to completely turn my neighborhood Target upside down! What was once my sanctuary, my “happy place,” is now my nightmare in hell! It began with a subtle warning outside Target announcing that “big changes” were coming. Yeah, big changes and a big he…
Bizarre things always seem to occur when Maury is out of town. Water heaters blow, large appliances break down, the electricity goes out for hours, etc.
While many families are taking trips to Disneyland and Santa Cruz, accompanying their kids on exhilarating roller coaster rides, we took a ride on an emotional rollercoaster yesterday with Haley.
In our life, it never fails. Big events come in clusters. We can never just focus on a prom or a Christmas party or a wedding. Typically, they will all fall on the same day.
What is it about spring that makes you want to clean? I don’t necessarily like to clean, but come April 1st, I glance around my house and hate everything — from the color of the walls to the style of my furniture. I am suddenly acutely aware of all the dust and clutter, and start moaning to …
There are many words that can send a shiver down your spine. Head lice, stomach flu, root canal. But last week, my son Ryan and I decided that the two most daunting words in the world are “assembly required.”
There is nothing more irritating than sitting down to dinner and being harassed by a robo-call. You know, those annoying sales calls that are pre-recorded and don’t even have a human at the other end of the phone. At first, you think you are talking to a person until you try to interrupt the…
Halloween is long gone and the only trace of it are a few miniature Snickers bars sitting at the bottom of an orange plastic bowl on my dining room table, but my kids and I are still getting spooked.
I do a lot of shopping – it’s a big part of my day, much to the annoyance of my husband, but someone has to make sure there is toilet paper in the house.
There is just something about packing up all the Christmas decorations that puts me in the mood to redecorate my home, which is inconvenient because I am broke.
Popular News, Videos & Slideshows
- Brentwood Union School District to reopen with full distance learning, July 28
- Liberty Union High School District announces reopening plans for the 2020-21 school year
- Antioch Unified School District pushes back first day of school
- Contra Costa County releases updated public guidance for face coverings
- Oakley Union Elementary School District Board votes to continue distance learning education, July 27
- Evacuation ordered for residents near Summer Lake and Sandmound Blvd.
- Suspect killed, three deputies injured during standoff in Knightsen
- [PPV] UFC 251 Usman vs Masvidal Live Online Free Full Fight
- Evacuated Oakley residents given the all clear to return home
- Byron Union School District to begin the year with distance learning
- [Photos] Liberty High School hosts Graduate Dinner
- [Photos] Independence High School Class of 2020 Graduation
- [Photos] Oakley Vegetation Fire - July 7, 2020
- [Photos] Liberty High School Class of 2020 Graduation
- [Photos] Claremont Court residential fire in Oakley,
- [Photos] July 4th weekend vegetation fires in East County
- [Photos] Census Caravan
- [Photos] Antioch Police Department Protest
- [Photos] Juneteenth peace walk in Antioch