California Governor Jerry Brown has signed SB 277, the bill requiring all school children to be vaccinated, into law. After signing the bill, Brown said, "Science clearly shows vaccines dramatically protect children against infectious diseases."
The bill eliminates California's personal belief exemption for immunizations requiring nearly all students, except those who are homeschooled, to be vaccinated. Medical exemptions will be granted to children with serious health issues.
Not a subscriber? Click here to add your comment to the story!
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
Popular News, Videos & Slideshows
- After school commute halted after collision near Sand Creek
- Mary Casey Black teacher Cecy Martinez fondly remembered
- BAC Bank closes Discovery Bay branch
- 1 killed, 2 in critical condition in weekend Antioch car crash
- Council OKs changes to backyards
- Antioch city manager placed on leave
- Antioch man arrested, identified in connection with stabbing of three people
- Brentwood Dolphins celebrate their 60th birthday – 3 years late
- Two arrested in Oakley shooting March 15
- Oakley police arrest mother and son in connection with ARCO shooting
- [photos] Silvergate opens the door to luxury in Brentwood
- [Photos] Commute Collision
- [Photos] Antioch city manager placed on leave
- [photos] Nunn school pumped up over Flat Stanley book
- [Photos] Brentwood Dolphins celebrate their 60th birthday – 3 years late
- [photos] Angry Chickz hot for Brentwood as new location opens
- [Photos] City of Oakley honors Alexis Gabe
- [photos] Muslim refugee: Brentwood a "blessing"
- [Photos] March 2023 Pets
- [Photos] Winter dresses up the mountain in white
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.