My commitment to the success of 100 percent of our students – from preschool through adult learners, from our most fragile to our most independent students – has been my driving force as an educator and will continue as your next county superintendent of schools.
My breadth of experience and accomplishment as a two-term Mt. Diablo Unified School District Board trustee, Contra Costa County Office of Education administrator, principal, vice principal, and middle, high and alternative education teacher have demonstrated I can fulfill my commitment. As county superintendent, I will emphasize our county office’s role must include:
• Safety, support and success for all students;
• Support for our 18 districts and superintendents to ensure quality educational programs;
• Community and business partnerships that support our schools;
• Innovative programs that benefit all students and staff;
• Fiscal accountability so money supports student learning, safe schools, and recruiting and retaining the best and brightest education staff.
• As an elected trustee, I changed the administration and direction of Mt. Diablo to a forward-thinking school district that attracts and supports the best professionals.
My experience has earned me the trust and endorsement of educational organizations representing over 9,400 teachers and support staff throughout the county. I ask for your vote so that I may bring the dynamic leadership necessary to re-energize CCCOE.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.