Dirk Zeigler

Dirk Zeigler

Navigating life often comes with pitfalls, but a little preparation – and a chat with your insurance provider – can diminish those pitfalls into small hiccups.

Insurance is meant to provide protection against a possible eventuality. Some insurance, like liability insurance, is required by law, but what about things like renter’s insurance, or broader coverage in a homeowner’s policy? Dirk Zeigler of Zeigler Insurance and Financial Services suggests shopping around.

“First thing, and this is across the board for any type of insurance, always get multiple quotes,” Zeigler said. “There are two types of brokers and agents out there – independent brokers and captive brokers. Captive brokers just sell who they work with, such as State Farm or Allstate. An independent broker works with multiple policies and can give you options.”


(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thank you for Reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.